Cookies with chocolate chips are one of the pleasures of life. Make these snacks, also, involve spending time with family. But, what if we gave it an exclusive touch with Extra Virgin Olive Oil?
Aceite 1881, ideal for pastry
Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1881 can be part of all your recipes, including pastries. Biscuits, cakes and these cookies can be made with Oil 1881, which will bring new and more authentic flavors. Do we try them? There they go:
- 75 g of white sugar
- 75 g of brown sugar
- 40 g of extra virgin olive oil – read the tips-
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 170 g of normal flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 75 g of chocolate chips
- Put the sugar and Oil 1881 in a bowl and mix with a rod for 2 minutes.
- Add the egg and mix again until it is well integrated, for another 2 minutes.
- Add the sifted flour, pinch of salt, vanilla and baking soda and mix everything well. I prefer to do it at this point with my hands.
- Add the chocolate chips and finish mixing for a few minutes so that all the ingredients come together. Form a slightly flattened ball with the whole mass. Wrap it in clear plastic and leave it for 15 minutes in the refrigerator (it can be up to 24 hours).
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC, heat up and down.
- Form balls the size of ping-pong balls (about 25 g each) and put them on a clean baking sheet lined with baking paper, flatten them a bit with your hand. There must be space between them as they expand a lot. If you cool the dough, it is better baked. I recommend you read the tips.
- Bake about 13-14 minutes. They should be a little soft, because if they brown too much then they will be hard.